Pearson's is a family owned business which was established in 1933 when "Doc" Eisenberg bought Pearson's Pharmacy on Wisconsin Avenue. Alcoholic beverages were sold by prescription during Prohibition but when alcohol became legal again, liquor
sales overtook the small neighborhood pharmacy. Doc and his wife, Sarah, opened Pearson's Liquor Annex a few doors down the
street. During the 1940s and '50s, Pearson's became a major force in Washington D.C.'s liquor market. Everyone in Washington
knew Pearson's. It became a D.C. institution and a major wine and spirits destination with many customers traveling many miles
and states to visit us. In the '60s, Pearson's entered the sophisticated world of Bordeaux, Burgundy, and fine German wines. New
world California wines were introduced at Pearson's a decade before most of the wine-drinking public knew they existed
Listing provided courtesy of Triple Net Investment Group LLC.
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange Program. Real estate listings held by IDX
Brokerage firms other than Compass are marked with
the Internet Data Exchange logo or the Internet Data Exchange thumbnail logo and detailed information about them includes
the name of the listing IDX Brokers. This information is provided exclusively for personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for
any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
The Broker providing these data believes them to be correct, but advises interested parties to confirm them before relying
on them in a purchase decision. Information deemed reliable but is not guaranteed.
2436 Wisconsin Ave NWWashington, DC 20007$4,363,363